- Jacobi granular activated carbon is designed for reduction of tastes, odors and dissolved organic chemicals from municipal and industrial water supplies. Manufactured from select grades of coconut shell coal to produce a high density, durable granular product capable of withstanding the abrasion and dynamics associated with repeated hydraulic transport, backwashing and mechanical handling. Activation is carefully controlled to produce exceptionally high internal surface area with optimum pore size for the adsorption of a broad range of low molecular weight organic contaminants and oxidizing agents like chlorine and ozone. One of the most common applications for Coconut Shell-High Activated Carbon (CS-HAC) is the reduction of the undesirable tastes and odors present in many chlorinated water supplies. CS-HAC has been successful for many years in the reduction of free chlorine from water supplies. The end product is clean, fresh water with no objectionable taste or odor characteristics.
- Requires a gravel underlayer.
- Acid washed. You will not have as much media fines issue like many products sold elsewhere, however, rinsing the new media to the drain will take many minutes of flushing.
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
• Color: Black
• Mesh Size: 12 x 40
• Bulk Density: 28 lbs./cu. ft.
• Effective Size: 0.55-0.75 mm
• Ash Content: 2.5%
• Iodine Number: 1,000 mg/g
• Moisture as packed: 3%
• pH 10
- CERTIFICATIONS AND APPROVALS
• NSF/ANSI Standard 61
If Your Tank Is:
- 9" diameter x 48" tall it holds 1.0 cu ft.
- 10" diameter x 47" tall holds 1.25 cubic feet
- 10" diameter x 54" tall holds 1.5 cubic feet.
- 12" diameter x 48" or 52" tall holds 2.0 cubic feet.
- 13" diameter x 54" tall holds 2.5 cubic feet.
- 14" diameter x 65" tall holds 3.0 or 3.5 cubic feet.
Click Here For A Complete Systems >> Whole House Carbon Filters